Fun Things to do in San Diego at Night
Whether you’re new to a city, traveling, or just looking for something fun to do, a question that people often ask is “what can I do in San Diego at night?” Every travel destination has a plethora of daytime options for visitors, from museums, parks, festivals, and more, but finding things to do at nighttime can be a little more difficult, or nuanced. However, a city as vibrant and exciting as San Diego has plenty of things to do at night, like delicious restaurants and fun theaters. For these ideas and more, keep reading below!
Food and Drink
It’s no surprise that many people immediately think of food, libations, and coffee as nighttime activities. At the end of a busy day of sightseeing or a long day at work, a good meal, drinks, or cuppa with friends can be the perfect ending to the day.
- Ambrogio15 is the place to go for Milan-style, thin-crust pizza with gourmet toppings, amazing antipasti, and delicious desserts.
- The beautiful gem located near the bay, Cafe Bahia, offers al fresco dining situated among palm trees with classic Mediterranean decor while guests enjoy locally sourced gourmet food with an eclectic American flair.
- The Shout! House offers high-energy, fun dueling-piano entertainment while you enjoy exceptional food and drink.
- The Nolen is a roof-top bar and lounge paying homage to the city planner responsible for much of San Diego’s beautiful design with delicious bar bites and craft cocktails.
- Raised By Wolves transports guests to another time in this speakeasy with uniquely crafted cocktails and beautiful decor.
- Enjoy another blast from the past at Coin-Op Game Room with classic arcade games from the ’80s and ’90s to more current games, video game-themed crafted cocktails, Po’Boy Sandos, and more.
- Pappalecco in Little Italy is a great spot to take in classic Italian espresso, gelato, and light bites.
- Not only does Cafe Bassam serve up delicious coffee and light fare, but they are open late to boot!
- Mt. Soledad is known for its incredible views and the National Veterans Memorial. The memorial is open until 10 PM, but even after it closes, the views from atop Mt. Soledad are breathtaking.
- The San Diego City Lights Night Tour is a great introduction to the city for those that are new to the area or visiting – an expert tour guide treats visitors to interesting stories and tidbits about the city, while guests can sit back, relax, and just enjoy the sights.
- Sunset Cliffs Natural Park is aptly named as better sunset views cannot be found elsewhere in the bay area. Sunset Cliffs are incredible day or night, so head over late afternoon, watch the sunset, and then stargaze from the perfect locale.
- Improv comedy has long been a staple of nighttime activities, even launching many now-famous careers. San Diego’s own National Comedy Theatre (NCT) has been entertaining crowds for over two decades!
- Belly Up Tavern is a must-visit for music enthusiasts. Established in 1974, Belly Up Tavern has seen numerous music stars at various stages of their careers over the years and continues that tradition today!
- Old Globe is a Tony award-winning theater that boasts three separate theaters in its space and has stood for more than 80 years, producing incredible performances for all ages.
- Six nights a week, the drag queens at Lips put on spectacular shows that are can’t miss!
These are just a very few of the amazing locations and activities throughout San Diego that you can partake of once the sun goes down. There’s just so much to do here – the list goes on and on!